Have you considered adding achievements to this or any of your other games? I've been working on an open-source game achievement system called Gamerzilla.
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Space Mercs is an extreme arcade space combat game where the amount of projectiles and lasers on-screen is only toppled by the amount of stars in the universe! Will you be able to complete all the mercenary missions and become the best pilot in the Galaxy?
Throughout the game’s mission campaign you will dodge, chase, fire, escort and absolutely obliterate enemies ranging from small drones to huge battleships while bound to a single rule: “If it moves, it dies“.
- Huge, real-time, space ship battles, with up to hundreds of spaceships on screen at the same time
- Mission battles range from small (3-10 ships) and scale up into the gigantic sector wide battles (400-500 ships)
- Single-player campaign where the stakes increase with every mission
- Thousands of projectiles on screen at every time
- Consistent graphics and performance even on really low hardware specs
- Shooter-style control and flight system optimized for Keyboard and Gamepad use
- Instant battle mode where you are thrown in a procedural generated battle of epic scales
- Loadout system for ship weaponry and internal systems
- Coffee-break design where you can pickup and play in short 3 to 10 minute sessions
- Functional cockpit display
- Battle Designer that allows you to create your very own battle with up to 4000 ships (available after completing the main missions).
The game does not feature mouse support for ship controls! It has been designed and optimized for keyboard and gamepad.
Purchasing the game awards a Steam key that can be used to activate the game on Steam!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Space Mercs officially launched on Itch!Aug 09, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi, destroyer.template and artil.action sounds are from https://opengameart.org/content/sci-fi-rts-war-unit-sounds which are licensed under GPL2/GPL3/CC-BY-SA3 (free choice) but is your game open source/copyleft? If you don't want that, you can simply remove the release(s) that contains these files and make a new release with replacements.
They sound alike indeed! I'll check and update jf needed as soon as I get back! Thanks for raising the issue!
I was hoping they do sound alike but they would not be the same thing. Turns out, they are the exact sounds from OGA link! Going to remove them and prepare some new builds as soon as I get home and can access the development pc - should be a few hours!
Thank you for pointing this out!
Is the options menu fixed on linux? The text wasn't appearing for me in the demo.